INIVITATION TO SUBMIT A CONCURRENT SESSIONS PROPOSAL
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED: Sunday, February 15, 2015
Due to the requests of many college and university faculty, administrators, students and community stakeholders, the 5th Annual Kansas Hunger Dialogue will be taking place, March 2-3, 2015 on the Newman University campus in Wichita, Kansas. This 1 ½ day dialogue will place an emphasis on engaging higher education campuses, community partners, and individuals from around the state, to build awareness, advocacy, and action on Kansas food security issues. We on the 2015 Steering Committee are inviting you to submit an individual presentation, panel proposal, or workshop that emphasizes the following impact areas of this conference:
- Campus initiatives
- Policy and activism
- Community engagement through partnerships
- Engaged Research
The Kansas Hunger Dialogue will create a learning environment where intellectual discovery and social responsibility converge in pursuit of a world that enhances human health and well-being for present and future generations.
Conference attendees will include learners and educators from diverse constituencies: faculty, students, administrators, government officials and representatives of community agencies and partners interested in food security locally, nationally and globally.
CONCURRENT SESSION GUILDELINES
A variety of proposal types are encouraged for this conference, including panel presentations, and interactive workshops. Concurrent sessions will be one hour and 15 minutes in length.
Designate if your presentation will be conducted by an individual(s), panel (3-5 individuals) or workshop style. Workshops should result in a concrete product that participants take away with them such as an action plan, a project outline, a social media plan, etc. Submissions should contain the following:
For Individual and Panels:
- a. title of presentation
- 300 word summary of the presentation
- name(s), position(s)/title(s), institution/organization affiliation(s), email addresses(es), contact phone number (s) for presenters
- impact area presentation addresses
- a. workshop title
- target audience(s)
- objectives: what specifically will participants get from this workshop?
- 300 word abstract of workshop content
- presenter(s) names, address(es), position(s)/title(s), institution/organization affiliation(s), email address(es), contact phone number(s),
- room arrangement request (theater, round tables)
- impact area being addressed
Please submit your proposal by Sunday, February 15, 2015 via email to email@example.com.
The 2015 Hunger Dialogue Steering Committee, or designees, will review and select the proposals. Presenters will be notified of their proposal acceptance by email on or before Friday, February 20, 2015.
All presenters are required to register for the conference. Conference registration and information is available here.